Senior Services Transportation
Baldwin Center Senior Transportation
Welcome to the Stratford Senior Services Transportation Program! We look forward to serving you. This program is open to Stratford Residents who are age 60+ or on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Below are guidelines to assist you in understanding how the program works.
This program is intended and funded for those who do not have any other means of transportation. Due to our limited capacity, if you or your spouse is still driving you may not be given priority when requesting a ride or may be unable to use the program. All rides are on a first reserved, first served basis.
- APPLYING: An application form must be filled out and returned to the Baldwin Center (1000 West Broad St., Stratford, CT 06615).
- SCHEDULING A RIDE: Our buses run Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:30pm. Please schedule your rides as far in advance as possible. Each week’s schedule is finalized by noon on Wednesday of the previous week. Please call before then.
- PICKUP/DROP-OFF: Please be ready ½ hour before your scheduled pickup time in case the driver is in your neighborhood early. Also, be prepared to wait a time to be brought home, as the driver may still be out with other riders.
- FEES: Non-medical rides are charged $1 one-way. Please pay the driver with exact change when you board the bus. There is no charge for medical rides.
- MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS: Medical rides are given priority. Medical riders who require assistance should plan to have a companion ride with them (free of charge).
- SHOPPERS: Shoppers are limited to three bags per trip due to safety concerns. Bags should not be heavily packed. The driver will put the bags on the bus for you and bring them to your front door.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Wheelchairs and scooters are allowed on the bus. Non-wheelchair riders must be able to use the bus steps. If you use a walker, drivers will take it on and off the bus and will open main doors as needed but are not allowed to bring riders into their appointments or homes.
- CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel your ride please try to call before 8:00am on the day of your ride at the very latest.
Click here to download a copy of the Transportation Application