The Registrars of Voters are responsible for the administration of all local, state and national elections; the registration of all eligible voters; and the conduct of primaries and referendums
Contact the Registrar of Voters for all information on your local, state and national elected officials.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Connecticut’s Presidential Primary will be held on Tuesday April 26, 2016. In order to participate in a primary, you must be a registered member of that party.
- IF you are 17 years of age, and will be 18 on or before Election Day, you are eligible to register and vote.
- When switching from one major party to another, there is a 3 month waiting period to gain new party privilege. The cutoff date to switch party’s AND participate in your new party’s Presidential primary is MONDAY JANUARY 25, 2016.
- To change party affiliation you must fill out a new voter registration card indicating you wish to do so, and what you wish your new party to be. This can be done in person at the Registrar of Voters Office OR on line at the town’s website….www.townofstratford.com.
- The General Election will be held on TUESDAY November 8, 2016. As always polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Absentee Ballot information and applications are handled through the Town Clerks Office @ (203) 385-4020.
The Registrars are:
Lou Decilio (R)
Rick Marcone (D)
Phone: 385-4048 & 385-4049
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm