DAILY PARKING PAYMENT OPTIONS
- All regular daily parking spaces and all handicapped daily parking spaces are numbered – signs on the fence, posts, and the asphalt until faded.
- The regular and handicapped daily parking fee is $5, including state sales tax, if any.
- Payment of the current $5 daily parking fee should be made a.s.a.p. after parking in an empty numbered parking space at one of the three pay stations or through the Parkmobile app. See Daily Parking - Parkmobile.
- Please pay a.s.a.p. after parking, before leaving.
- Otherwise $5 fines will be left under the driver’s side wiper blade on each vehicle in daily parking spaces. The $5 fine becomes $15 on the 18th day and $30 on the 30th day, including the day the ticket was issued.
- The $5 fines are issued between 5:30am and 12 noon on weekdays.
- There is a 10 minute grace period after the $5 fine is issued, during which, if your payment is made/received at a pay station, or through the Parkmobile app, the $5 fine will be dismissed.
- If your payment is made or received at one of the pay stations or through the Parkmobile app more than 10 minutes after the $5 fine is issued, payment is required for the $5 fine as well. Please ensure the balance is received on or before 17th day after the ticket is issued – including the date the ticket is issued.
- The original fine increases to $15 on the 18th day after the fine is issued.
- The original fine increases to $30 on the 30th day after the fine is issued.
- Regular and handicap daily parking spaces are available at SRRP on both sides of the tracks in spaces numbered 1-13 and 15-130. See GENERAL INFORMATION: Parking Categories.
- Numbered daily parking spaces are on both sides of the tracks.
- Parking is free between the weekday hours of 12:01pm and 5:30am the following weekday morning, and all day on Saturdays, Sundays, and town holidays.
- Pay Stations.
Parkmobile. Commuters also have a pay by cell phone option: Parkmobile. Always pay immediately after parking your vehicle. See Daily Parking - Parkmobile.
- There are two pay stations in front of the Helicopter Museum on the northbound side of the tracks.
- There is one pay station between the coffee shop and restaurant entrances on the New York or southbound side.
Stratford Parking Enforcement patrols SRRP, issues $5 daily parking fines, and enforces all other violations of SRRP guidelines. Stratford Parking Enforcement will leave a $5 fine on your windshield if a payment of the $5 daily parking fee is not made at a pay station or through Parkmobile a.s.a.p. after parking your vehicle in an empty daily parking space.
If you park, you must pay.
DAILY PARKING FEE
- If the pay stations are unavailable for any reason, use Parkmobile.
- If the machines are out of order, or off, when snow and/or ice are forecast, use Parkmobile.
- If the card is rejected, try another card, or use Parkmobile.
- If the payment in any other way fails to process use Parkmobile.
- If “Free Parking” is displayed and there is no holiday, use Parkmobile to confirm whether payment is required. If required, use Parkmobile to make payment.
The daily fee for parking during the restricted hours (5:30 am – 12:00 noon) is currently $5.00 per day. This amount includes any applicable state sales tax.
Daily parking spaces are located on both sides of the tracks.
- A daily parking receipt from the pay stations is valid only for the vehicle with the license plate on the receipt to be parked in a numbered daily parking space. It is not a B or K permit.
- Any payment through the Parkmobile app pays only for the vehicle with the license plate on the receipt to park in a daily parking space on the day the payment is made. It is not a B or K permit.
- If payment is for one space while parked in another, payment of ticket is required.
- If payment for space is more than 10 minutes after a ticket is issued, payment is required for that ticket in addition to the payment through Parkmobile.
- If the current $5 fee is not paid at a pay station, or through the Parkmobile app, before the spaces/plate are checked for paid status, $5 fines will be left under the driver's side wiper blade on each vehicle in daily parking spaces.
To utilize daily parking:
- Handicapped daily parking spaces – numbered 1 through 13 - are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis for vehicles with a valid state issued handicapped card or license plate. The fee is currently $5.00. The fine for handicapped zone violations is set by Connecticut State Law; SPE and/or SPD issues handicap parking violation tickets.
- "B" permit holders with a valid state issued handicap ID placard, or license plate, may utilize handicapped spaces. The handicap placard, and the permit, must both be prominently displayed. If there is any doubt, a ticket will be issued.
- Park and pay at a pay station before boarding the train.
- Pull your vehicle into any empty numbered parking space.
- Open Parkmobile app and pay through app before leaving your vehicle.
- Or proceed to the pay station.
- Enter the correct plate number for your vehicle.
- Pay with credit/debit card: Visa or MasterCard.
- If pay station will not accept payment, use Parkmobile. See 2.
- Park and pay through the Parkmobile app before boarding the train. See Daily Parking - Parkmobile.
- If payment is not made at a pay station or through Parkmobile, a $5 fine will be left under driver's side wiper blade.
- Retrieve the ticket from your driver’s side windshield.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the ticket for the indicated ticket type:
- “R” or railroad tickets. Pay and mail to Town of Stratford, P.O. Box 150479, Hartford, CT 06115-0479
- “P” or police tickets. Pay to Town of Stratford and mail to Stratford Police Department, Records Division, 900 Longbrook Avenue, Stratford, CT 06614. You may pay in person at the Stratford Police Department, as well.
- Using the wrong address for payment will result in return of payments, delays and late fees.
Full payment of each ticket must be received with seventeen (17) calendar days, including ticket issue date, or fine doubles. The fine triples for the 30th day, including the ticket issue date, if any unpaid balance remains. No exception for travel, postmarks, weekends, or holidays.
- If you park, you pay.
- Email your state and plate number to firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours to confirm the ticket number and amount.
- If your email inquiry about a lost/misplaced ticket is not received within 72 hours, full payment of the fine and/or penalty is required when the delinquent violation notice is sent.