"B" PERMIT PARKING
"K" PERMIT PARKING
- 201 spaces on the New York bound side marked with a “B” and 101 spaces in lots NHB1 and NHB2 on the New Haven bound side are exclusively reserved for “B” permit holders - on a first come, first serve basis - for commuters who have purchased “B” permits between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday, excluding municipal holidays and weekends.
- A $25 ticket will be issued to the registered owner of vehicles registered on “B” permits or displaying “B” permits and found parked in daily, restaurant, and coffee shop spaces.
- Vehicles registered on “B” permits and parked in SRRP must display a current valid permit placard on the rearview mirror with the permit numbers facing the front windshield or $25 tickets will be issued to the registered owners. If said tickets are issued, they must be paid.
- After 12:00 noon on weekdays, and all day on weekends and holidays, regular ”B” permit parking areas are free to be used by the general public free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis.
PERMIT PERIODS FOR "B" and "K"
- The 67 individual “K” spaces on the New York bound side are reserved exclusively for the use of “K” permit holders 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- These spaces are not open to the general public at any time.
- Violators will be ticketed and towed without notice at the registered owner’s risk and expense.
- Vehicles registered on “K” permits and parked in “K” spaces must display a current valid placard on the rearview mirror with the permit numbers facing the front windshield or $25 tickets will be issued to the registered owners. If said tickets are issued, they must be paid.
New permits are issued every six (6) months.
The permit periods are as follows:
- March 1 through August 31
- September 1 through February 28/29
PRICE OF "B" PERMITS
The six month "B" permit fee, including CT sales tax, is currently $175.00 + the online or mail-in/in-person processing fee.
PRICE OF "K" PERMITS
The six month "K" permit fee, including CT sales tax, is currently $480.00 + the online or mail-in/in-person processing fee.
The "B"/"K" permit price is pro-rated for those who purchase permits in the middle of one of the designated six-month periods.
Permit holders who change jobs or move may request a partial refund by returning the permit placard(s) with a note/letter and documentation of the circumstances to the following address:
Stratford Railroad Parking
2725 Main Street, Room 205
Stratford, CT 06615