General Station Regulations
Stratford Railroad Parking (SRRP) is operated by the Town of Stratford under a lease agreement with the Connecticut Department of Transportation, the owner of the facility. The primary purpose of SRRP is to provide parking for area rail commuters. Preference is not given to Stratford residents.
These regulations govern parking by the following categories of facility users:
- 201 spaces on the New York bound side marked with a “B” and 101 spaces in lots NHB1 and NHB2 on the New Haven bound side are exclusively reserved for “B” permit holders -- on a first come, first serve basis.
- 67 spaces on the New York side are marked with a “K” – exclusively reserved at all times for “K” permits only.
- 79 daily parking spaces numbered 15 – 94. $5 a day.
- Handicapped parking spaces numbered 1 - 7 on the New York bound side. Currently $5 a day.
- Handicapped parking spaces 8 – 13 on the New Haven bound side. Currently $5 a day.
- 34 Restaurant/Coffee Shop – 2 hour limit. 33 “R” spaces near the platform and along Main Street and one handicap space in corner on west end of building for restaurant patrons. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Head-in parking is required whenever a vehicle has only a rear license plate. A $25 ticket will be issued if the plate is blocked on any vehicle from the view of the Parking Authority.
- All who utilize SRRP must park properly in designated stalls only – not occupying more than one space nor on/over the lines. If there is any doubt, don’t park a vehicle in that spot. Failure to park properly in a stall will result in a $25.00 fine and/or revocation of current permit status if applicable.
- Overnight parking is permitted during the free periods in “B” spaces, NHB1, NHB2, and NHDP at your own risk.
- Vehicles parked overnight in any numbered daily parking space are subject to the current $5 daily fee after 6am each weekday morning, excluding municipal holidays.
- All vehicles not registered on a permit parked in any space reserved for “B” or “K” permit holders are subject to a $25 parking violation after 6am each weekday morning, excluding municipal holidays.
- Overnight parkers are encouraged to park close to the station and/or near a light if possible.
- Only vehicles registered on “K” permits are allowed to park overnight in “K” spaces. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
DAMAGE OR LOSS TO PERSONAL PROPERTY
The Town of Stratford carries limited insurance on all parking areas. No insurance is carried to cover the property of the permit holder, restaurant patron, and/or user of daily parking, who by purchasing the permit, parking in a restaurant parking space, or parking in a daily or handicap parking space, assumes all risk of damage or loss of property. You park at your own risk.
SRRP’s security presence is provided by the Stratford Police Department and the Parking Authority, may be herein after referred to as SPD and/or PA respectively, from 6 AM to 10 PM Monday through Friday. SPD randomly patrols the lots from 10 PM to 6 AM weekdays, weekends, and holidays. However, there is no guarantee against vandalism, theft, or any other loss of or damage to your personal property. You park at your own risk.
Please assist our efforts by locking your car and taking your keys. Report all vandalism immediately to the security attendant and/or the Stratford Police Department.
Parking is permitted only in clearly marked stalls – not on or over the lines, not in areas with diagonal lines, not in spaces reserved for other purposes by posted signs, not in traffic lanes, etc. If in doubt, park elsewhere in another space. SPD and/or PA will issue tickets and/or tow vehicles guilty of the following violations:
- Parking on and/or over the lines -- occupying more than one parking space
- Blocking another vehicle; refusing to move and park again while waiting to drop off or pick up.
- Blocking an entrance, exit, or fire lane
- Parking in a non-designated space or other restricted area - reserved for other purposes by posted signs, traffic lanes, drop-off zones, etc.
- Disregarding directional (Keep Right) signs/arrows
- Driving too fast as observed and or recorded by the SPD and/or PA.