Our Purpose......to promote the development and conservation of natural resources, within the Town of Stratford
Powers and Duties...
You May Already Know Us
- Conduct research into the utilization of land areas of the town.
- Coordinate the activities of groups organized for similar purposes.
- Advertise, prepare and distribute books, charts, plans and pamphlets, as necessary, for its purpose.
- Keep an index of all open areas, including open marshlands, swamps and other wetlands for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of such areas.
- Recommend to the Town places and programs for the development and use of areas which may include the acquisition of conservation easements.
- Request the Town Council to acquire land in the name of the town for any of the Conservation Commission's purposes.
- Keep accurate records of meeting and activities.
- Make annual reports to the Town Council.
- Receive gifts in the name of the town for any of its purposes and administer them
Would you like to be more involved?
We would like to hear from you!
**Published by the Stratford Conservation Commission 1990. Pp 23
2725 Main St.
Stratford, CT 06615
Phone: (203) 385-4080