BULK WASTE PICK UP PROGRAM
(BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
APRIL 24, 2017 - SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
BULK WASTE PICK UP GUIDELINES
- Residents must make an appointment to have their bulk items picked up prior to placing those items curbside.
Appointments can be made starting April 10, 2017 by calling the Stratford Department of Public Works at 203-385-4080 from 7:00 am to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Each household is allowed one appointment per year for the collection period of April 24, 2017 to September 27, 2017.
- If all appointment slots have been filled prior to the last date of pick-up we will no longer accept appointments.
- Residents must place all bulk items curbside in an organized fashion by 7a.m. on the scheduled date of appointment. NO items are to be placed curbside prior to 3 days before scheduled pick up date.
- Acceptable bulk collection items include:
- Furniture, Mattresses/Box Springs, Carpeting, Fencing/Decking (4’ max)
- Appliances – (remove doors from refrigerators and freezers)
- Large Metal Items (8’ max). All metal items must be separated from other materials.
- Unacceptable items include:
- Household garbage/trash (small items that would normally fit into your weekly trash), Cardboard, Brush, Leaves or Branches
- Hazardous materials or paint, Recyclable materials, Tires, Stumps, Vehicles, Oil Tanks, Demolition materials (asphalt shingles, sheetrock, concrete, tile, brick or any other masonry debris)
- Nothing in a bag, barrel or box will be picked up.
The above items will NOT be collected. Residents will be responsible for removing any unacceptable items from curbside and may be subject to fines imposed by the Health Department for failure to comply.
As an alternative to bulk waste pick-up, Town residents may bring items to the Town Transfer Station on Watson Boulevard from 7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday and from 8am to Noon on Saturdays.