Stratford Special Needs Registry
The Town of Stratford has created a voluntary Special Needs Registry to identify Stratford residents who might need extra assistance during a major emergency.
Special Needs Registry instructions and forms in regular font.
You might want to apply if:
- You need special notification about the emergency due to impairment or language barrier.
- You need assistance to leave your home due to a disability or other physical challenges.
- You have no access to transportation.
- You could not stay in your home without assistance for more than a couple of days.
- You rely upon electrical power for specialized equipment in your home.
- Provides emergency planners with your information so that during a disaster, responders can determine where special assistance is required.
- Keeps your information secure. It will only be used for emergency preparedness or response.
While enrollment is no guarantee that you will get help first during a disaster, Stratford’s Emergency Operations Center will know of your need for special assistance.
Please remember, even if you are on the Special Needs Registry, you should call 911 if you find yourself in a life-threatening situation.
You may enroll yourself or anyone else for whom you have legally responsibility. Simply complete and sign the attached form. Please report any changes in your information immediately to the Stratford Health Department by completing an updated application form. We will contact you on an annual basis to remind you to update your information.
Completed forms may be dropped off at any of the following locations:
The completed forms can also be mailed or faxed to:
- Stratford Health Department
- South End Community Center
- Baldwin Center
- Stratford Library
Stratford Health Department
468 Birdseye Street
Stratford, CT 06615
If you have questions or need further information, please call Stratford Health Department at (203) 385-4090. The application packet is also available in Braille upon request.