Community Health Education
Our staff are committed to improving the health of the community by:
- Advocating and supporting policies to improve social and economic conditions
- Offering education and support to help individuals make healthy behavior and lifestyle changes
- Addressing chronic and communicable diseases
- Monitoring the health of residents through research, data collection and evaluation
We provide education and outreach to the public and offer an array of health programs. Our program include:
- Putting on AIRS- FREE asthma education program that provides general asthma education, medication reviews, home assessment to locate asthma triggers and offer suggestions to simply help your asthma symptoms. If you are interested in the FREE program, please call (203) 385-4090 to set up an appointment. If you are a medical provider and would like to refer a patient fill our our referral form. Click for our current brochure: Putting on AIRS (English) Putting on AIRS (Spanish)
- Smoke Stinks - Third Hand Smoke campaign to provide awareness to community members, especially parents, on the dangers of third hand smoke. Third Hand Smoke resources: Poster (English); Poster (Spanish); Poster (English); Poster (Spanish); Poster (English);
- Get Healthy CT - The mission of Get Healthy CT is to eliminate obesity by removing the barriers to healthy eating and physical activity through the inclusive collaboration of key stakeholders in our community. For more health tips and information, visit www.gethealthyct.org.
- Farmers Market - now open! The market will be open every Monday from 2-6pm until the end of October and is located at Paradise Green. Come enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables that are locally grown in your area!
Community Health Education also maintains a library of health related literature and links to other organizations to help answer questions you may have. Contact the Community Health Division by calling (203) 385-4090 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelley Meier, NDTR, MPH
468 Birdseye Street, Stratford, CT