Putting on AIRS - Frequently Asked Questions
What is Putting on AIRS?
Putting on AIRS is a program designed to reduce environmental triggers in your home and help you to better control your asthma symptoms.
Who can Participate?
The program is available to Stratford residents who suffer from asthma and/or have a child who suffers from asthma. In addition to Stratford, residents from the following towns or cities may also participate: Trumbull, Bridgeport, Monroe, Fairfield, Easton, Newtown, Westport, Weston, Redding, Bethel, Brookfield, Norwalk, Wilton, Ridgefield, Danbury, New Fairfield, Sherman, Darien, New Canaan, Stamford, and Greenwich.
How much will it cost?
The Putting on AIRS program is provided at no cost to you and has been funded by the CT Department of Public Health.
What services does the program provide?
With your permission, an Asthma Educator and an Environmental Specialist will visit your home to identify environmental triggers of asthma. The following services will be provided during the home visit:
- The Asthma Educator will review your physician's asthma plan and medications with you
- The Asthma Educator will provide additional education to help you understand how to better manage your asthma
- The Environmental Specialist will provide an in-home assessment to help you identify environmental asthma triggers in your home
- The Environmental Specialist will provide you with simple recommendations you can do to minimize triggers in your home
- A confidential report will be developed to keep as part of your child's medical records. With your permission, this report may only be shared with your health care provider.
How do I schedule a visit?
Contact the Putting on AIRS Coordinator, Greta Roberts, at email@example.com or call the Stratford Health Department at 203.385.4090