Stratford Health Department's School-Based Health Center
The Health Department operates a school-based health clinic at Wooster Middle School.
Wooster School-Based Health Center - Health Haven
Phone: (203) 381.6922 Fax: (203) 381.6923
Health Haven is a licensed outpatient clinic open to Wooster Middle School students regardless of income or health care coverage.
Health Haven’s staff is made up of licensed professionals, including a Nurse Practitioner and Licensed Clinical Social Workers. Services provided at the clinic include:
- Treatment of acute injuries and illnesses (such as colds, ear infections and skin problems
- Nutrition counseling and weight management
- Physical examinations (e.g. sports physicals)
- Prescriptions and dispensing of medications
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Referral and follow-up for specialty care
The center also conducts various groups for students which include: Nutrition, Asthma, Transition-to-Middle-School issues, Anger Management and Healthy Relationships.
A signed Permission Form needs to be on file in order for the student to be treated or provided services at Health Haven. We recommend that parents complete the form at the start of the school year. The clinic follows the school hours and calendar.
The Permission Form can be downloaded here or by calling the office at the number below.
Meet the staff: Antoinette, Heather,LCSW, Rebecca, LCSW, and Jillian, APRN.