"B" PERMIT PARKING
"K" PERMIT PARKING
- 203 spaces on the New York bound side marked with a “B” and 105 spaces in lots NHB1 and NHB2 on the New Haven bound side are exclusively reserved for “B” permit holders - on a first come, first serve basis - for commuters who have purchased “B” permits between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday, excluding municipal holidays and weekends.
- A $25 ticket will be issued to the registered owner of vehicles registered on “B” permits found parked in daily, restaurant, and coffee shop spaces.
- SRRP permit parking violations will be enforced by SPE and/or SPD using a license plate reader. A $25 ticket will be issued on any vehicle parked in a “B” space or lot that is not registered on a current/active “B” permit.
- After 12:00 noon on weekdays, and until 5:30am the following weekday morning, and all day on weekends and holidays, regular ”B” permit parking areas are free to be used by the general public free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis.
OWNERSHIP OF SRRP PERMITS
- The 45 individual “K” spaces on the New York bound side are reserved exclusively for the use of “K” permit holders 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- These spaces are not open to the general public at any time.
- Violators will be ticketed and towed without notice at the registered owner’s risk and expense.
- SRRP permit parking violations will be enforced by SPE and/or SPD using electronic devices. A $25 ticket will be issued on any vehicle parked in a “K” space that is not registered on a current/active “K” permit. Said vehicle will also be towed.
- A $25 ticket will be issued to the registered owner of vehicles registered on “K” permits found parked in daily, restaurant, and coffee shop spaces. Said vehicles will also be towed.
- SRRP retains sole ownership of each B or K Permit.
- Only those on the permit waitlist are eligible to receive a SRRP permit.
- A B or K permit gives permission to the permit holder to park vehicles associated with the designated permit address on it. If the registration certificate does not have the permit address on it, one of the following additional documents with the permit address on it will be required:
SRRP permits are neither transferrable nor inheritable. When the original permit holder - originally on the permit waitlist, original recipient of the permit offer - no longer needs or desires the permit, it will be expired, deleted, and sold to the next eligible person on the permit waitlist.
PERMIT PERIODS FOR "B" and "K"
- another DMV document.
- an insurance document.
- a company authorization to drive for corporate vehicles, or
- page 1 of the lease contract for leased vehicles.
- New permits are issued every six (6) months.
- The permit periods are as follows:
- March 1 through August 31
- September 1 through February 28/29
PRICE OF "B" PERMITS
PRICE OF "K" PERMITS
- The six month "B" permit fee, including CT sales tax, is currently $175.00 + the processing fee.
- The initial and mail-in/in-person processing fee is currently $10.
- The online renewal processing fee is currently $6.75 online.
The "B"/"K" permit price is pro-rated for those who purchase permits in the middle of one of the designated six-month periods.
- The six month "K" permit fee, including CT sales tax, is currently $480.00
- The initial and mail-in/in-person renewal processing fee is currently $20.
- The online renewal fee is currently $12.75 online or $20 mail-in/in-person processing fee.
REFUNDS & OTHER ISSUES
Permit holders should send refund requests, questions about tickets, advance notice regarding temporary/loaner/new vehicles, and other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.